dbase

Hello,

I'm just starting with Dephi2 and I want to make a telephone dbase for
internal use in my compagny. (stand alone computers)

I have maked this program on my computer at home in Delphi 2, with a
automatical dbase form (grid) in Dbase format.

When I copy the program, the  *.dbf and *.mdx file to the computer where
the program will be used, (not a computer with dbe of delphi) I get the
message (Dbase engine failer $2109.  What is going wrong?  What must I do
to get program wel ?

Peter Tukker

Re:dbase

You have to install the BDE on the target machine and set up the correct
aliases. To this, use a installation product such as InstallShield Express
that ships with Delphi.

Peter Tukker escribi en mensaje <01bd3e35$94530720$LocalHost@petertuk>...

>Hello,

>I'm just starting with Dephi2 and I want to make a telephone dbase for
>internal use in my compagny. (stand alone computers)

>I have maked this program on my computer at home in Delphi 2, with a
>automatical dbase form (grid) in Dbase format.

>When I copy the program, the  *.dbf and *.mdx file to the computer where
>the program will be used, (not a computer with dbe of delphi) I get the
>message (Dbase engine failer $2109.  What is going wrong?  What must I do
>to get program wel ?

>Peter Tukker

Re:dbase

You must install the BDE (Borland Database Engine) on each computer that is
going to run the program. You can do this using InstallShield Express that
comes with Delphi 2 and 3.

Bill

Other Threads