Sped of access REAL slow for Paradox 7 table

Hi,

I'm kinda new to this but I'm writing a simple little browser app for
a shareware CD. The contents of the CD are in a Paradox 7 table
containing just a few fields, a screenshot, description, filename and
keywords.

So far I've only got 50 or so records in the table. I'm using a simple
SQL statement in a tquery to display the sections the user is
interested in *(ie: Games, utils, screensavers etc.) these keywords
are contained in a Keywords field.

The statement looks like this:

select * from twfilesdb where keywords like '%game%'

And it works fine but for one thing, early on in development changing
the SQL to retrieve a different group of records resulted in an
immediate response, now the application chugs on for 30-40 seconds
before showing the first record in the new selected set.

Have I changed something, the speed change was immediate and happenned
around the time I changed the name of the database, I can't pinpoint
exactly what did it.

Also, would it be possible to do this using a ttable component and the
FILTER property. I can't figure out how to give wildcards in the
parameter for the filter property. There is very little info in the
manuals or the help files as to the construction of this property.

I'm using version 2 of Delphi BTW.

All help greatly appreciated.

Tony Barker
Moving Pixels

Re:Sped of access REAL slow for Paradox 7 table

[...]

Other Threads