Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

I'm planning a new Delphi 2.0 application that will use
Microsoft Access-files db-files (*.MDB).

What is the best option:

- Opus DirectAccess
- Titan
- JETset
(or perhaps OLE Automation?)

Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?

Thanks.

Fredrik Nordbakke
FNProgramvare - Shareware to CATalog your collection
http://www.prodat.no/fnp/eng/

Re:Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

It is my understanding that JETset will not support 3rd party controls
like InfoPower.  Titan will not support Blobs, but they are working on
it.  Opus DirectAccess does not support Refresh, and requires a DLL.

You can try DirectAccess and Titan with a demo version from their web
site.

I decided on Titan mainly because their implementaion would allow you
to use the Borland DBE for some apps, and Access for others.  When I
email their Tech Support I get a "qualified" response within 24 hours.

Hope this Helps
Trey Weaver

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 11:40:26 GMT,

fredrik.nordba...@mail.ostfoldnett.no (Fredrik N) wrote:
>I'm planning a new Delphi 2.0 application that will use
>Microsoft Access-files db-files (*.MDB).

>What is the best option:

>- Opus DirectAccess
>- Titan
>- JETset
>(or perhaps OLE Automation?)

>Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?

>Thanks.

>Fredrik Nordbakke
>FNProgramvare - Shareware to CATalog your collection
>http://www.prodat.no/fnp/eng/

Re:Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

fredrik.nordba...@mail.ostfoldnett.no (Fredrik N) wrote:
>I'm planning a new Delphi 2.0 application that will use
>Microsoft Access-files db-files (*.MDB).
>What is the best option:
>- Opus DirectAccess
>- Titan
>- JETset
>(or perhaps OLE Automation?)
>Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?
>Thanks.
>Fredrik Nordbakke
>FNProgramvare - Shareware to CATalog your collection
>http://www.prodat.no/fnp/eng/

We tried Titan and found it useless..
Then we tried Opus and its hard to imagine a better solution then
this..
compatible with all standard controls in Delphi 2, Easy to install,
transparent to use, When you distrubute your app you need only
distrubute a 230k DLL and the Jet data Engine.
So far the suport help over Email has been excellent.
Highly recomended... and they are supposedly working on a reporting
tool...

Greg Sutton
Pangaea Systems Inc

Re:Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

Question ?

What are the URL for those option (Opus,Titan,JETset)?

Thanks!

> fredrik.nordba...@mail.ostfoldnett.no (Fredrik N) wrote:

> >I'm planning a new Delphi 2.0 application that will use
> >Microsoft Access-files db-files (*.MDB).

> >What is the best option:

> >- Opus DirectAccess
> >- Titan
> >- JETset
> >(or perhaps OLE Automation?)

> >Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?

Re:Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

> What is the best option:

> - Opus DirectAccess
> - Titan
> - JETset
> (or perhaps OLE Automation?)

 Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?
We have used Opus DirectAccess in a professional high-speed application for
some time now and it is truly excellent.  There are no drawbacks that we've
found and you can use it just as if the BDE was there if you want.  It's
every bit as fast as the BDE, too

Re:Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

Try http:/www.opus.ch
--
Rod

Eric Demers <sre...@geocities.com> wrote in article
<01bc03e0$dd6e9220$d3ce2...@DEVELLOPEUR.{*word*104}ABITIBI.QC>...

> Question ?

> What are the URL for those option (Opus,Titan,JETset)?

> Thanks!

> > fredrik.nordba...@mail.ostfoldnett.no (Fredrik N) wrote:

> > >I'm planning a new Delphi 2.0 application that will use
> > >Microsoft Access-files db-files (*.MDB).

> > >What is the best option:

> > >- Opus DirectAccess
> > >- Titan
> > >- JETset
> > >(or perhaps OLE Automation?)

> > >Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?

Re:Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

In article <5bifia$...@nippy1.rn.mbs.no>, Fredrik N <fredrik.nordbakke@m
ail.ostfoldnett.no> writes

>I'm planning a new Delphi 2.0 application that will use
>Microsoft Access-files db-files (*.MDB).

>What is the best option:

>- Opus DirectAccess
>- Titan
>- JETset
>(or perhaps OLE Automation?)

>Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?

>Thanks.

>Fredrik Nordbakke
>FNProgramvare - Shareware to CATalog your collection
>http://www.prodat.no/fnp/eng/

Isnt D3 supposed to link to Access?

D3 and Office97...

--
Pete Clark
ElmSoft Ltd

Re:Delphi->Access - Opus DA, Titan or JETset?

From what I've heard D3 will have native access to the MS Access files.
Michael

Pete wrote:

> In article <5bifia$...@nippy1.rn.mbs.no>, Fredrik N <fredrik.nordbakke@m
> ail.ostfoldnett.no> writes
> >I'm planning a new Delphi 2.0 application that will use
> >Microsoft Access-files db-files (*.MDB).

> >What is the best option:

> >- Opus DirectAccess
> >- Titan
> >- JETset
> >(or perhaps OLE Automation?)

> >Anyone out there that has any experience with these products?

> >Thanks.

> >Fredrik Nordbakke
> >FNProgramvare - Shareware to CATalog your collection
> >http://www.prodat.no/fnp/eng/

> Isnt D3 supposed to link to Access?

> D3 and Office97...

> --
> Pete Clark
> ElmSoft Ltd
> Tel (01253) 22637 - (0973) 333595

is there no "natural" interface between delphi and access via odbc ?
i'm planning to use an access database via delphi and i only have OBDC
Access driver (obdcjt32.dll) and i want to use an access DB with delphi
2
is it possible or do i have to use D3 or such softawre named earlier
in the discussion?

Anthony Praud
p6inf...@ibm1.cicrp.jussieu.fr

Other Threads