[Q} Where is the TRegistry documentation

When I search the Delphi help for the Tregistry component, all I get
is:

Unit
Registry

Description
The TRegistry component updates the Microsoft Windows 95 registry
database.

No properties or methods are listed.  The paper manual is no better.
What am I missing?

TIA

Paul DiRezze
pdire...@lsps.com

Re:[Q} Where is the TRegistry documentation

I am also interested in such a documentation. If you will find out
where to get it I'd appreciate to get an email from you. Thanks!

Dipl.-Ing. Ulrik Schoth, Lehrstuhl fuer Elektronische Schaltungen
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, ICFW 03/461, 44780 Bochum, Germany
ulrik.sch...@lems.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
ulrik.sch...@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

pdire...@inforamp.net (Paul DiRezze) wrote:
>When I search the Delphi help for the Tregistry component, all I get
>is:
>Unit
>Registry
>Description
>The TRegistry component updates the Microsoft Windows 95 registry
>database.

It doesn't seem to be a component, it seems to be an object, the RTL
source REGISTRY.PAS is enough to work out what is going on.

TRegistry = class(TObject)
  public
    constructor Create;
    destructor Destroy; override;
    procedure CloseKey;
    function CreateKey(const Key: string): Boolean;
    function DeleteKey(const Key: string): Boolean;
    function DeleteValue(const Name: string): Boolean;
    function GetDataInfo(const ValueName: string; var Value:
TRegDataInfo): Boolean;
    function GetDataSize(const ValueName: string): Integer;
    function GetDataType(const ValueName: string): TRegDataType;
    function GetKeyInfo(var Value: TRegKeyInfo): Boolean;
    procedure GetKeyNames(Strings: TStrings);
    procedure GetValueNames(Strings: TStrings);
    function HasSubKeys: Boolean;
    function KeyExists(const Key: string): Boolean;
    function LoadKey(const Key, FileName: string): Boolean;
    procedure MoveKey(const OldName, NewName: string; Delete:
Boolean);
    function OpenKey(const Key: string; CanCreate: Boolean): Boolean;
    function ReadCurrency(const Name: string): Currency;
    function ReadBinaryData(const Name: string; var Buffer; BufSize:
Integer): Integer;
    function ReadBool(const Name: string): Boolean;
    function ReadDate(const Name: string): TDateTime;
    function ReadDateTime(const Name: string): TDateTime;
    function ReadFloat(const Name: string): Double;
    function ReadInteger(const Name: string): Integer;
    function ReadString(const Name: string): string;
    function ReadTime(const Name: string): TDateTime;
    function RegistryConnect(const UNCName: string): Boolean;
    procedure RenameValue(const OldName, NewName: string);
    function ReplaceKey(const Key, FileName, BackUpFileName: string):
Boolean;
    function RestoreKey(const Key, FileName: string): Boolean;
    function SaveKey(const Key, FileName: string): Boolean;
    function UnLoadKey(const Key: string): Boolean;
    function ValueExists(const Name: string): Boolean;
    procedure WriteCurrency(const Name: string; Value: Currency);
    procedure WriteBinaryData(const Name: string; var Buffer; BufSize:
Integer);
    procedure WriteBool(const Name: string; Value: Boolean);
    procedure WriteDate(const Name: string; Value: TDateTime);
    procedure WriteDateTime(const Name: string; Value: TDateTime);
    procedure WriteFloat(const Name: string; Value: Double);
    procedure WriteInteger(const Name: string; Value: Integer);
    procedure WriteString(const Name, Value: string);
    procedure WriteTime(const Name: string; Value: TDateTime);
    property CurrentKey: HKEY read FCurrentKey;
    property CurrentPath: string read FCurrentPath;
    property LazyWrite: Boolean read FLazyWrite write FLazyWrite;
    property RootKey: HKEY read FRootKey write SetRootKey;
  end;

Re:[Q} Where is the TRegistry documentation

On Sun, 14 Apr 1996 03:07:24 GMT, pdire...@inforamp.net (Paul DiRezze)
wrote:

>When I search the Delphi help for the Tregistry component, all I get
>is:

>Unit
>Registry

>Description
>The TRegistry component updates the Microsoft Windows 95 registry
>database.

>No properties or methods are listed.  The paper manual is no better.
>What am I missing?

That's all you get. Perhaps the updated help files will contain more
information. Meanwhile, I wrote some documentation for the Registry
unit:

http://www.tempest-sw.com/freeware
ftp://ftp.tempest-sw.com/pub/delphi/reg10.zip

--
Ray Lischner                              li...@tempest-sw.com
Tempest Software, Corvallis, Oregon, USA  http://www.tempest-sw.com

Re:[Q} Where is the TRegistry documentation

Check out the TRegIniFile topic - Borland encapsulated the registry within
the RegIniFile (supposedly to make porting 16 -> 32 easier).

HTH

Ken White
qpwpla...@aol.com

Re:[Q} Where is the TRegistry documentation

On Sun, 14 Apr 1996 08:28:20 GMT, CBu...@zoology.uq.edu.au

(Christopher Burke) wrote:
>pdire...@inforamp.net (Paul DiRezze) wrote:

>>When I search the Delphi help for the Tregistry component, all I get
>>is:

>>Unit
>>Registry

>>Description
>>The TRegistry component updates the Microsoft Windows 95 registry
>>database.

>It doesn't seem to be a component, it seems to be an object, the RTL
>source REGISTRY.PAS is enough to work out what is going on.

Still no excuse for Bombard's continued refusal to properly document
their compilers. First there were rotten docs in 1. Now an on core
presentation in 2

Frank

Frank R. Neal wrote:

> Still no excuse for Bombard's continued refusal to properly document
> their compilers. First there were rotten docs in 1. Now an on core
> presentation in 2

> Frank

TRegIniFile is a direct decendent of TRegistry, and has the functional
interface of TIniFile, which is (relatively) well documented. I'm not
sure about Bombard, but Borland did this because MS is recommending that
all INI stuff go in the registry now.

With a relatively simple change (find "TIniFile" and replace it with
"TRegIniFile"), you can keep app-specific things like window positions
or compiler/project settings in a more Win95 way. You might say that
TRegIniFile is an encore to TIniFile. Or possibly that it's curtains for
TIniFile. :->

Hope this helps,

--
Tim Gooch