Unable to connect to remote SQL server

Hi,
I wrote a program which communicates to a remote database (Sql Server 7).
The application however, does not connect with the database.  I have created
an ODBC alias which points to the server. I am using this alias to connect
to the server.  Perhaps I need to package my app with BDE as well?  If so
what components do I need to add?  Do I need to change the registry in any
way?

Thanks,
Lakshmi

Re:Unable to connect to remote SQL server

Are you using ADO or BDE?
In both cases you first should try to connect to your server with the W_ISQL
(don't remember if it's the exact name right now) utility of SQL Server. Does it
works?

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

Re:Unable to connect to remote SQL server

I am using BDE.  Does the entire BDE mean whatever is in the BDE folder?
Does it include the BDEAdmin.exe as well?  Do I need to change the registry
settings in any way to point to the folder?

I am not sure I understand the W_ISQL?  I am able to connect to the remote
database from my machine.  But my machine has BDE.  The other test computer
does not have any BDE installed.  Could that be the problem?

Thanks,
Lakshmi

"Guillermo Casta?o A" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> wrote in message
> Are you using ADO or BDE?
> In both cases you first should try to connect to your server with the
W_ISQL
> (don't remember if it's the exact name right now) utility of SQL Server.
Does it
> works?

Re:Unable to connect to remote SQL server

Thanks a lot.  It worked!

Lakshmi

Yerram Naidu <mailto:bvyna...@hotmail.com > wrote

>You need to install BDE from DELPHI CD. There will be an option to Install
>BDE only. If you install this way there is no need to write into the
>registry seperately.

Other Threads