fastest method to insert new records

I need to import a data from a text file to SQL Server 7.0 table. Using
TADOTable and append-insert methods(with batch update) is to slow.

How can I efficient insert new records in the table ?

servus L.A.

Re:fastest method to insert new records

I don't know if is possible in your case, but a good method to import text
files to SQL 7.0 is using BCP.

Alexandre Torres

Leonid Abelev escreveu na mensagem <8a5uo1$7...@bornews.borland.com>...

>I need to import a data from a text file to SQL Server 7.0 table. Using
>TADOTable and append-insert methods(with batch update) is to slow.

>How can I efficient insert new records in the table ?

>servus L.A.

Re:fastest method to insert new records

> I don't know if is possible in your case, but a good method to import text
> files to SQL 7.0 is using BCP.

> Alexandre Torres

> >I need to import a data from a text file to SQL Server 7.0 table. Using
> >TADOTable and append-insert methods(with batch update) is to slow.

> >How can I efficient insert new records in the table ?

What do you mean with BCP ? Because of complex logic of the import, I cann't
use the the standard import  mechanismes.

servus L.A.

Re:fastest method to insert new records

I would suggest using import packages on SQL Server. They are very fast and
very flexible. You can schedule them to run automatically at a determined
interval, if you plan on importing from the same file periodically.

--

Alain Quesnel
cinqsanss...@compuserve.com

-----

Leonid Abelev <abe...@earthling.net> wrote in message

> I need to import a data from a text file to SQL Server 7.0 table. Using
> TADOTable and append-insert methods(with batch update) is to slow.

> How can I efficient insert new records in the table ?

> servus L.A.

Other Threads