Creating a DB

I want to create a db with a Query statement.
On TSQLQuery.ExecSQL I get the following exception:
Cannot prepare a CREATE DATABASE/SCHEMA statement

Re:Creating a DB

This is a known limitation for Interbase

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Re:Creating a DB

In article <3CC41DA2.2030...@bss-software.com>, tmil...@bss-software.com
says...

> This is a known limitation for Interbase

        ...of the dbExpress driver for IB, that is.  Here are two
workarounds:

1) Ship a backup of an empty GDB.  Restore it from your program and
populate it using DDL.

2) Include TIBDatabase from IBX in your program for the sole purpose of
creating the database.  Once it's created, use dbExpress as usual.

        HTH,

        -Craig

Other Threads