Printer Dialog Problems with HP printers HELP!!!

Hi,

I am using Delphi 4, Update pack 3, and whenever I try and execute a
PrinterDialog or a PrinterSetUpDialog, I get the following error:

Initialization of the dynamic link library
C:\winnt\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2\hpbfdf0.dll failed. The process
is terminating abnormally.

I am running Windows NT 4 (sp4), but I have had a few users report this
problem when running my program. Most of the time it seems to be HP
printers - HP Laserjet 8000, and 4000, with the PCL 6 driver, though some
have reported it with Cannon and Epson printers. The problem seems to fix
if they use the Postscript driver (on the HP printers). I've tried re-
installing the latest drivers (and telling the users that as well) , but
to no avail. Help! This is really pissing off my users and I need a
solution! Has anybody else had this problem, and/or know a solution?

Please send me an email if you respond...

Thankyou,

Damien.
Damien Britt                                      dam...@redbook.com.au

Re:Printer Dialog Problems with HP printers HELP!!!

Damien,

did you install the HP-drivers on Windows...
The MSoft-boys didn't like that to happen (or it's just another anomalie of
Win32), but it's known to happen that Windows 'stalls' everytime a call was
made to the HP-driver in stead of the Win-driver.
Maybe that's your problem.

Leon

Damien Britt wrote:
> Hi,

> I am using Delphi 4, Update pack 3, and whenever I try and execute a
> PrinterDialog or a PrinterSetUpDialog, I get the following error:

> Initialization of the dynamic link library
> C:\winnt\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2\hpbfdf0.dll failed. The process
> is terminating abnormally.

Contact Hp for a driver Update.  <common driver problem.>  If they have none
then look to your initialization of the printer dialog.  a default function
might not be supported by the HP printers and causes the error on a force
state delphi is know for.

> I am running Windows NT 4 (sp4), but I have had a few users report this
> problem when running my program. Most of the time it seems to be HP
> printers - HP Laserjet 8000, and 4000, with the PCL 6 driver, though some
> have reported it with Cannon and Epson printers. The problem seems to fix
> if they use the Postscript driver (on the HP printers). I've tried re-
> installing the latest drivers (and telling the users that as well) , but
> to no avail. Help! This is really pissing off my users and I need a
> solution! Has anybody else had this problem, and/or know a solution?

> Please send me an email if you respond...

> Thankyou,

> Damien.
> --
> Damien Britt                                      dam...@redbook.com.au