SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

The BDE 5.11 has a native access to SQL Server 2000, without
using of ODBC Drivers?

If Exists, functions fine?

I can't use the ADO Express, because of compatibility with the
actual version.

I'm Waiting for your answer(s),

Guga, Brazil.

Re:SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

No. Your choices for Access 2000 are ODBC and dbGo (formerly ADO Express).

--
Bill

Re:SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

I look many messages in this new, and various users are
using native driver of BDE with SQL Server 2000.

This not functions fine? exists erros? the borland is working
for a update for driver to better support to SQL 2K?

The ODBC is slowwwwwwww,,,,
and the ADO I cantn use......

BDE, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeee...   ;-)

Guga, Brazil

Re:SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

Borland cannot update their driver. Prior to SQL Server 7 all of the SQL
Server drivers that I am aware of, include the Borland SQL Links driver, use
Microsoft's DBLIB client library. When SQL Server 7 was announced Microsoft
also announced that they would not update DBLIB to support any of the new
features of SQL Server 7 or any future version. The only interfaces that
Microsoft supports as of SQL Server 7 are ADO and ODBC so there is nothing
that Borland can do.

--
Bill

Re:SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

If  I dont use the new features of SQL Server 2000, the native
driver works fine? What problems are detected and where
a find documentation about the know problems?

Bill Todd (TeamB) <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> Borland cannot update their driver. Prior to SQL Server 7 all of the SQL
> Server drivers that I am aware of, include the Borland SQL Links driver,
use
> Microsoft's DBLIB client library. When SQL Server 7 was announced
Microsoft
> also announced that they would not update DBLIB to support any of the new
> features of SQL Server 7 or any future version. The only interfaces that
> Microsoft supports as of SQL Server 7 are ADO and ODBC so there is nothing
> that Borland can do.

> --
> Bill

Re:SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

But the ADOExpress have problems for me :

- Compatibilite with actual versions (BDE)
- Not exists a UpdateSQL like component
- Not Exists CachedUpdates mechanism

What I can to do?

> Borland cannot update their driver. Prior to SQL Server 7 all of the SQL
> Server drivers that I am aware of, include the Borland SQL Links driver,
use
> Microsoft's DBLIB client library. When SQL Server 7 was announced
Microsoft
> also announced that they would not update DBLIB to support any of the new
> features of SQL Server 7 or any future version. The only interfaces that
> Microsoft supports as of SQL Server 7 are ADO and ODBC so there is nothing
> that Borland can do.

> --
> Bill

Re:SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

I have no idea where you may find documentation about the problems of trying
to use a DBLIB based driver with SQL Server 2000. You might find something
on the Microsoft site.

--
Bill

Re:SQL Server 2000 BDE Native driver

I do not understand what you mean by "Compatiblite with actual versions
(BDE)". ADO Express does not use the BDE in any way.
If you need cached updates use ADO Express with TClientDataSet. You do not
need the UpdateSQL component with TClientDataSet.

--
Bill

Other Threads