Paradox Tables over network

Hi there,

Using D4 C/S with Paradox Tables.

This app will be accessing tables across a network. When the app first
starts up, will the entire table/s contents be copied across the
network to the users workstation?

The reason I ask is one of the tables is quite large, mainly because
it has the capacity to hold up to 30 JPEG's per record. This table
will grow in size quite rapidly.

Many thanks in advance

Robbie...

Re:Paradox Tables over network

Sort of yes and sort of no.

The table won't be copied at startup, but will probably be read many times
across the network while the application is accessing the table.  This is
because the client application has to process the table locally in order
to extract required data from it, as paradox tables are handled locally by
the BDE, not by a remote database server.

Jeff

robbie...@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> Hi there,

> Using D4 C/S with Paradox Tables.

> This app will be accessing tables across a network. When the app first

> starts up, will the entire table/s contents be copied across the
> network to the users workstation?

> The reason I ask is one of the tables is quite large, mainly because
> it has the capacity to hold up to 30 JPEG's per record. This table
> will grow in size quite rapidly.

> Many thanks in advance

> Robbie...

1
The amount of data that will drive on the network will be restricted by
the MAXBUFSIZE parameter in the BDE configuration panel for each table.
2
All BLOBS are not directly receive. They are circulating only when the
user click on the object that will show it.

To be sure, try a test in copying a thousand time the same records
containing the same datas...

You will be surprise by the flexibility of Paradox Table !!

Other Threads