External exception C0000008 after close application

I use Delphi3 C/S, sybase SQL serveur 11 with Open Client.
Insert, Select, Update since a Delphi application making no problemes
when the application run.
But when I close the application a External exception C0000008 appear.

Can you help me?

Re:External exception C0000008 after close application

There is a Technical Information sheet on that error somewhere on
Borland's website. doesn't seem to be one of the ones I printed, but look
around the developer support area and you should be able to find it.

Brad Miller
Timeoil...@aol.com

Olivier Laurent <e94ol...@eif.ch> wrote:
>I use Delphi3 C/S, sybase SQL serveur 11 with Open Client.
>Insert, Select, Update since a Delphi application making no problemes
>when the application run.
>But when I close the application a External exception C0000008 appear.
>Can you help me?

I seem to remember getting this exception if I explicitly initialise
the BDE using a DbiInit and fail to do an explicit DbiExit before
exiting the application. For most applications this is unnecessary as
there is an implicit call to these functions.
Note also that if there have been multiple calls to DbiInit there
should be the same number of calls to DbiExit. I am talkin Delphi 2
here so things may have changed.

Olivier Laurent wrote:
> I use Delphi3 C/S, sybase SQL serveur 11 with Open Client.
> Insert, Select, Update since a Delphi application making no problemes
> when the application run.
> But when I close the application a External exception C0000008 appear.

> Can you help me?

I'm afraid, no;
I'm working on the problem too, with Sybase 10.

The problem occurs whenever a connection to the Sybase server is closed.

It seems to be a known bug.
Borland support sent me a fax with the following information:
- The problem only occurs when Delphi is running; I quote:
"Supposedly the cause for this problem is that the de{*word*81} and the DLL
are using the same
interrupt. ..."
So you can avoid it by disabling integrated debugging
(Tools / Environment Options /Preferences ...)

Without Delphi running, it does not occur.

Does someone have a solution?

Olivier Laurent wrote:
> I use Delphi3 C/S, sybase SQL serveur 11 with Open Client.
> Insert, Select, Update since a Delphi application making no problemes
> when the application run.
> But when I close the application a External exception C0000008 appear.

> Can you help me?

I'm afraid, no;
I'm working on the problem too, with Sybase 10.

The problem occurs whenever a connection to the Sybase server is closed.

It seems to be a known bug.
Borland support sent me a fax with the following information:
- The problem only occurs when Delphi is running; I quote:
"Supposedly the cause for this problem is that the de{*word*81} and the DLL
are using the same
interrupt. ..."
So you can avoid it by disabling integrated debugging
(Tools / Environment Options /Preferences ...)

Without Delphi running, it does not occur.

Does someone have a solution?

Other Threads