How to find cursor in edit box?

Hi there,

Does anybody know of a way to get the exact pixel location of the
blinking vertical line cursor that sits in an edit box?

I am designing a popup list (like in the Delphi 3 IDE) that works with
various data entry controls.  It's all done except I want to now make it
pop up relative to the cursor position.

Is there a Win32 api call?

Thanks,
joe

Re:How to find cursor in edit box?

Joseph Good wrote:

> Does anybody know of a way to get the exact pixel location of the
> blinking vertical line cursor that sits in an edit box?
> Is there a Win32 api call?

It is named GetCaretPos.

Regards
--
Achim Richter
office: arich...@hzd.hessen.de

Joseph Good wrote:

> Hi there,

> Does anybody know of a way to get the exact pixel location of the
> blinking vertical line cursor that sits in an edit box?

> I am designing a popup list (like in the Delphi 3 IDE) that works with
> various data entry controls.  It's all done except I want to now make it
> pop up relative to the cursor position.

> Is there a Win32 api call?

> Thanks,
> joe