HELP: Windows 95 Registry

How do I save a DWORD type value to the 95 registry. I've tried doing
this with the TRegistry Class and the Windows API reg functions but it
just doesn't work!!! ANY help would be much appreciated and thanx!

Re:HELP: Windows 95 Registry

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996 19:46:55 +0000, Cathal McCarthy <c...@indigo.ie>
wrote:

>How do I save a DWORD type value to the 95 registry. I've tried doing
>this with the TRegistry Class and the Windows API reg functions but it
>just doesn't work!!! ANY help would be much appreciated and thanx!

The Registry is a funny thing.  I discovered that when I was working
on the beta version almost 2 years ago.  In talking to the MS guys, it
seems that some things weren't implemented in time to meet the ship
deadline.  You'll see this is functions like GetSystemParamsInfo where
it indicates that you can read certain registry parameters.  This
works in NT but not in Win95.  It turns out that MS does alot of
registry read/writes as strings.  So if you can't find direct DWORD
support, convert it to a string (null terminated) and you'll be able
to deal with it that way.  Unless you're trying for some encrypted
value, it's almost always easier to operate on the Registry with
strings.

david sampson

Re:HELP: Windows 95 Registry

Can you give us a little more info on how you are trying to do it? Works
fine for me.
--

Mark P

Cathal McCarthy <c...@indigo.ie> wrote in article
<32BD902F....@indigo.ie>...

> How do I save a DWORD type value to the 95 registry. I've tried doing
> this with the TRegistry Class and the Windows API reg functions but it
> just doesn't work!!! ANY help would be much appreciated and thanx!

Other Threads