Challenging Questions: Saving QuickReports in In InterBase BLOB fields

Does anybody know how to save a QuSoft QuickReport to a BLOB field in an
InterBase table? It is quite clever that when previewing a QuickReport you
can save an image of the preview to a file. I would like to save this image
in a BLOB field and then load it again for re-printing at a later date. Does
anybody know how to do this?

Jonathan Elkins
email: JonathanElk...@vttgroup.com
Systems Manager
Vancouver Tours and Transit
Vancouver, British Columbia

Re:Challenging Questions: Saving QuickReports in In InterBase BLOB fields

In article <oX4A1.247$%43.661...@newsgate.direct.ca>,
JonathanElk...@vttgroup.com says...

>Does anybody know how to save a QuSoft QuickReport to a BLOB field in an
>InterBase table? It is quite clever that when previewing a QuickReport you
>can save an image of the preview to a file. I would like to save this image
>in a BLOB field and then load it again for re-printing at a later date. Does
>anybody know how to do this?

Why not saving it to a tempfile and loading this file into the BLOB-Field?

Re:Challenging Questions: Saving QuickReports in In InterBase BLOB fields

In article <oX4A1.247$%43.661...@newsgate.direct.ca>,
JonathanElk...@vttgroup.com says...

>Does anybody know how to save a QuSoft QuickReport to a BLOB field in an
>InterBase table? It is quite clever that when previewing a QuickReport you
>can save an image of the preview to a file. I would like to save this image
>in a BLOB field and then load it again for re-printing at a later date. Does
>anybody know how to do this?

In the quick report hepfile I found at QRPrinter that this object is created
automatically and has a method SAVE(FILENAME: STRING). HTH

Other Threads