WANTED:Paul's ServiceSocket samples from february

the following went through on february 21st
i have only just joined these groups odoesa nayone have a copy of Paul's
sample application and service for sockets they could forward to me , or
tell me how i get something from attachments which was posted 5 months ago
:-(
Thanks in advance Ben

> "Paul Gertzen" <pgert...@livetechnology.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I have made many TServerSocket (thread-blocking) NT services. I have

sent
 > you a basic HTTP example. The example includes an application and a
> service.
> > Both apps make use of the same unit which contains the actual server
> class.
> > This makes for easy debugging ie. compile as an application for
debugging,
> > then recompile as a service once it works.

> > Paul

Re:WANTED:Paul's ServiceSocket samples from february

Hi!

You may want to take a look at Indy, as it is more stable and also doesn't
need any dll's to be supplied with your application; furthermore, everybody
knows that netmasters' components are very buggy and unstable -- Indy is
very easy: you just have to take a look at the demos.  You can find Indy at:
www.nevrona.com/indy
(One other good reason to switch to Indy, is that it is included with D6 and
Kylix, and I suspect it will also be included in future versions of Delphi,
too.

---
Sergio.

Re:WANTED:Paul's ServiceSocket samples from february

sergio
i am specifically looking for an example of a SERVICE and an APPLICATION
(since services are notorious difficult to debug) which use the same unit to
implement the functionalily of the service or services.  Paul has frequently
posted samples of this to thsi and the attachment groups as I can see from
the archives. Unfortunately taht was before I joined these groups so the
attachments are no longer available to me. Which Socket I end up using
(native delphi5 or indy) is kind of irrelevant at this stage but thank you
for your thoughts.
Ben

"Sergio Perry - Team Indy" <per...@spidernet.com.cy> wrote in message

> Hi!

> You may want to take a look at Indy, as it is more stable and also doesn't
> need any dll's to be supplied with your application; furthermore,
everybody
> knows that netmasters' components are very buggy and unstable -- Indy is
> very easy: you just have to take a look at the demos.  You can find Indy
at:
> www.nevrona.com/indy
> (One other good reason to switch to Indy, is that it is included with D6
and
> Kylix, and I suspect it will also be included in future versions of
Delphi,
> too.

> ---
> Sergio.

Re:WANTED:Paul's ServiceSocket samples from february

i posted it in the attachment group.

Bas Gooijen

"Ben Shepherd-Smith" <telmar_eu_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> sergio
> i am specifically looking for an example of a SERVICE and an APPLICATION
> (since services are notorious difficult to debug) which use the same unit
> implement the functionalily of the service or services.  Paul has
frequently
> posted samples of this to thsi and the attachment groups as I can see from
> the archives. Unfortunately taht was before I joined these groups so the
> attachments are no longer available to me. Which Socket I end up using
> (native delphi5 or indy) is kind of irrelevant at this stage but thank you
> for your thoughts.
> Ben

> "Sergio Perry - Team Indy" <per...@spidernet.com.cy> wrote in message
> > Hi!

> > You may want to take a look at Indy, as it is more stable and also
doesn't
> > need any dll's to be supplied with your application; furthermore,
> everybody
> > knows that netmasters' components are very buggy and unstable -- Indy is
> > very easy: you just have to take a look at the demos.  You can find Indy
> at:
> > www.nevrona.com/indy
> > (One other good reason to switch to Indy, is that it is included with D6
> and
> > Kylix, and I suspect it will also be included in future versions of
> Delphi,
> > too.

> > ---
> > Sergio.