How to convert a data file from AS/400 to dbf format

Have you tried the DataPump?

=bill=

dssopt02 <dssop...@macau.ctm.net> wrote in message

> I had tried to download a data file from AS/400 and convert it to dbf
> format by using batchmove, but failed! I used D4 C/S, client access to
> connect to AS/400, please tell me how to do. Thanks.

Re:How to convert a data file from AS/400 to dbf format

I had tried to download a data file from AS/400 and convert it to dbf
format by using batchmove, but failed! I used D4 C/S, client access to
connect to AS/400, please tell me how to do. Thanks.

Re:How to convert a data file from AS/400 to dbf format

Thanks bill, I tried it but I would like to program this function.
"WmBurke(TeamB)" wrote:
> Have you tried the DataPump?

> =bill=

> dssopt02 <dssop...@macau.ctm.net> wrote in message
> > I had tried to download a data file from AS/400 and convert it to dbf
> > format by using batchmove, but failed! I used D4 C/S, client access to
> > connect to AS/400, please tell me how to do. Thanks.

Re:How to convert a data file from AS/400 to dbf format

I have done that successfully many times, so I don't understand what the
problem might be.  Have you got the batchmove mode set to batCopy?  That's
one thing that I often forget to do.  What sort of error message are you
getting?
Mike
dssopt02 wrote in message <372541C5.715B4...@macau.ctm.net>...
>I had tried to download a data file from AS/400 and convert it to dbf
>format by using batchmove, but failed! I used D4 C/S, client access to
>connect to AS/400, please tell me how to do. Thanks.

Re:How to convert a data file from AS/400 to dbf format

If you haven't got other answers in the meantime, here is my version:
Set up an ODBC link to the AS/400 database library and drop the
following components on to your form:
A TDatabase with Alias set to the AS/400 ODBC alias - watch out, the
Property DatabaseName does not refer to the AS/400 database - set it to
'MyAS400'
A TQuery with database set to the TDatabase, with the SQL Text = 'select
* from xyz'
A TTable called MydBTable (for example) set to a dBase format with
FileName set to a destination on your computer
A TBatchMove component with source set to 'MyAS400' and destination set
to 'MydBTable' and type of transfer set to batCopy.

The above is the fruit of lots of bitter experience trying to get data
out of AS/400s - one tip is to use the HitSoft ODBC driver for AS/400s.
The other tip is to do what I've finally achieved - get rid of the
AS/400s!

Regards

Jim Spillane

j...@spillane.com

dssopt02 schrieb:

> I had tried to download a data file from AS/400 and convert it to dbf
> format by using batchmove, but failed! I used D4 C/S, client access to
> connect to AS/400, please tell me how to do. Thanks.

Other Threads