EXTREMLY SLOW D3/CS ACCESS TO DB2/5.0

Using NT4.0, D3/CS and IBM DB2/5.0 -

1. When upgraded from IBM 2.1 to 5.0 application ran really slow.
As long as 20-25 seconds to complete an add or edit to the database.
Application ran fine (access to data in less than
a second) under IBM DB2/2.1.

2. When upgraded from IBM 2.1 to 5.0, Database Explorer quit
allowing opening of tables - gives DBE error message.

I don't really care about Database Explorer but can't live with 15-20
second response to data.

I think I have narrowed this down to a BDE problem. Has anyone
else had any problems like this.

I have tried virtually everything I can think of, including a
clean install of everything w/ only NT 4.0, Delphi C/S and
DB2 Client.

From watching the app run w/ task manager, it appears that
Delphi sends a command to the SQL server and the server can't
interpret it for a long time. When Delphi shows running again takes
about 15-20 seconds.

J.R. Regenold
j...@phxamc.com