Read SQL database users group

 I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question but ill try
anyway.

I use a multi-tier app which accesses a MS SQL 6.5 server.
I wonder if it is possibe to read which user group the actual logged in user
belongs to in the SQL server, or is that an impossible task.

Carl Ljunggren

Re:Read SQL database users group

This can be accomplished by writing a simple query as follows :

select  GROUPS.NAME
from    sysusers        USERS,
        sysusers        GROUPS
where   USERS.uid = USER_ID()   and
        USERS.gid = GROUPS.uid

Carl Ljunggren <thecorle...@geocities.com> wrote in article
<63qqnt$p...@forums.borland.com>...

>  I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question but ill try
> anyway.

> I use a multi-tier app which accesses a MS SQL 6.5 server.
> I wonder if it is possibe to read which user group the actual logged in
user
> belongs to in the SQL server, or is that an impossible task.

> Carl Ljunggren

Other Threads