Access Violation Error Message

The following error message popped while I was de-bugging a program:

Project MyProj.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message
'Access Violation at address 0043EC2D in module 'MyProj.exe'. Read
address of FFFFFFFF Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue.

The debug pointer stopped at a simple assignment statement and I am
having trouble figuring out how to fix the problem.  The program was
reading an input text file and doing a lot of string manipulations when
it died.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this access violation
?

Thanks.

Lou

Re:Access Violation Error Message

Lou,
  Could be that the object in which the assignment statement resides
is not valid (not created).
 --- x
Xavier Pacheco (TeamB)
xav...@xapware.com