General SQL Error/MS-Access

I have installed the BDE on a machine. Am using a test
application (compiled from Builder 3.0 Pro), and test
MS-Access Database that I have used to test other installs.
Upon installing the BDE, and running the application,
I am getting the following error message:
"General SQL Error -2147221164"
In previous installations, the only thing I have had
to do is go to the BDE administrator and set
Configuration|Drivers|Native|MS-Access|DLL32 to IDDA3532.DLL.

This has been done. What else needs to be configured?

Re:General SQL Error/MS-Access

See <http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ2B.html>

Leonid Krivelyov.

Tim Johnson wrote in message <38210B05.3BB1D...@matnet.com>...
>I have installed the BDE on a machine. Am using a test
>application (compiled from Builder 3.0 Pro), and test
>MS-Access Database that I have used to test other installs.
>Upon installing the BDE, and running the application,
>I am getting the following error message:
>"General SQL Error -2147221164"
>In previous installations, the only thing I have had
>to do is go to the BDE administrator and set
>Configuration|Drivers|Native|MS-Access|DLL32 to IDDA3532.DLL.

>This has been done. What else needs to be configured?

Re:General SQL Error/MS-Access

The Borland Link suggests un-installing MS-Access,
however, the forward reference to Microsoft is
a dead link. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Tim
Leonid Krivelyov wrote:
> See <http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ2B.html>

> Leonid Krivelyov.

> Tim Johnson wrote in message <38210B05.3BB1D...@matnet.com>...
> >I have installed the BDE on a machine. Am using a test
> >application (compiled from Builder 3.0 Pro), and test
> >MS-Access Database that I have used to test other installs.
> >Upon installing the BDE, and running the application,
> >I am getting the following error message:
> >"General SQL Error -2147221164"
> >In previous installations, the only thing I have had
> >to do is go to the BDE administrator and set
> >Configuration|Drivers|Native|MS-Access|DLL32 to IDDA3532.DLL.

> >This has been done. What else needs to be configured?

Re:General SQL Error/MS-Access

Here is the correct forward reference.  MS moved it and Borland hasn't had a
chance to update the link yet.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q141/2/94.asp

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Other Threads