Problem using ApplyUpdates

Hi all,
I have a problem when using DataSet.ApplyUpdates.

I'm using a TQuery + TUpdateSQL (MS Access97 as my database).
The following code will have problem when I want to updat a memo field:

with Query1 do
begin
Edit;
Post;
ApplyUpdates;
Error message: External exception EEFFACE.
Problem never happen for all other data fields, but only with memo fields!
But it works sometimes -especially when memo field only has a few lines.
Why?  What's wrong?

Hope you can help.  Thanks in advance.

Michael

Re:Problem using ApplyUpdates

>Error message: External exception EEFFACE.
>Problem never happen for all other data fields, but only with memo fields!
>But it works sometimes -especially when memo field only has a few lines.
>Why?  What's wrong?

This is what I have in my notes:
For anyone who gets an EEFFACE exception under NT 4 SP 4 or 5 when
accessing an MS Access memo or long binary field with the BDE 4.51 or 5.01.

The solution is to modify the registry.

1 go to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Currentversion\Image file
execution options

2 Add a key for your application, f.i: myapp.exe

3 Add a value to the newly created key:

Value name: DisableHeapLookAside
Data type:     REG_SZ
String:           "1" (without quotes)

More info: MS Kb articles Q195008 and Q195009

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Other Threads