How to configure LOCAL SHARE for Paradox tables

    Hi all,

how I have to configure the LOCAL SHARE parameter for Paradox tables. The
environment have  4 PC's and one of them is the Data Server. What is the
value of LOCAL SHARE in each PC ? There is any problem if  I have the Data
Server running my application at the same time ?

Tks,

Roberto

Re:How to configure LOCAL SHARE for Paradox tables

See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15247,00.html

--
Bill

Re:How to configure LOCAL SHARE for Paradox tables

procedure SetLocalShare;

const
  InitPath = '\System\Init';
  LocalShareDesc = 'LOCAL SHARE';
  LocalShareValue = 'TRUE';
var
  Cursor: HDbiCur;
  ConfigDesc: CfgDesc;
begin
  Check(DbiInit(nil));
  Check(DbiOpenCfgInfoList(nil, dbiReadWrite, cfgPersistent,InitPath,
Cursor));
  try
    while DbiGetNextRecord(Cursor, dbiNoLock, @ConfigDesc, nil)=0 do begin
      if StrIComp(ConfigDesc.szNodeName, LocalShareDesc) = 0 then begin
        if StrIComp(ConfigDesc.szValue, LocalShareValue) <>0 then begin
          Check(DbiGetRecord(Cursor, dbiWriteLock,@ConfigDesc, nil));
          StrPCopy(ConfigDesc.szValue, LocalShareValue);
          Check(DbiModifyRecord(Cursor, @ConfigDesc, True));
   finally
     DbiCloseCursor(Cursor);
     DbiExit;

Roberto Freitas Alexandre <robe...@primorum.com.br> escribi en el mensaje
de noticias 3a5b6634_2@dnews...

>     Hi all,

> how I have to configure the LOCAL SHARE parameter for Paradox tables. The
> environment have  4 PC's and one of them is the Data Server. What is the
> value of LOCAL SHARE in each PC ? There is any problem if  I have the Data
> Server running my application at the same time ?

> Tks,

> Roberto

Other Threads