Trapping and handling a mouse event outside of my application

Problem :
I need to trap/handle mouse-over, mouse-down, mouse-up events that occur
physically outside of my application window (i.e. anywhere on screen).

Description :
I want to allow the user to click anywhere on the screen and let my
application
respond to that mouse-down event (by beeping, say) without de-activating my
application
window - I want my application to trap and handle the event
so that I can do something in response (Beep()!)

I'm porting an application I wrote for the Mac years ago, and it was easy on
the Mac
as I had complete control over event-handling right down at the main event
loop
level. However, I can't get my head around how to do it in Windows using C++
Builder!

Many thanks in advance,

Ken.

Re:Trapping and handling a mouse event outside of my application

Wrong newsgroup.

This is the Borland C++ newsgroup.  C++ Builder newsgroups all have the word
'cppbuilder' in their name.  For instance:

  borland.public.cppbuilder.ide
  borland.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using
  borland.public.cppbuilder.winapi

.  Ed

Other Threads