delphi 6 and word 97

I have an NT operating system and have installed Delphi 6 "typical"
twice. Both times my Word 97 program gets fouled up. I uninstall delphi
and everything is cool. I'm just getting around to installing 6 so this
is my first encounter with the problem. Anybody have a similar problem
and is there a fix?

Ron P.

Re:delphi 6 and word 97

Which OS, Office ?
Which D sp ?

What is happening with the 97 ( please be more specific ). Did u update
your OS and your Office with all microsoft updates ?

Daniel

Ron Phillips wrote:
> I have an NT operating system and have installed Delphi 6 "typical"
> twice. Both times my Word 97 program gets fouled up. I uninstall delphi
> and everything is cool. I'm just getting around to installing 6 so this
> is my first encounter with the problem. Anybody have a similar problem
> and is there a fix?

> Ron P.

Re:delphi 6 and word 97

The OS is NT with sp 7
The Office is office 97
I have not downloaded any delphi service packs for D6 because I just
installed the program.

MS word 97 cursor goes away and the program hangs. I have to shut it
down with task manager.

Daniel Szasz wrote:

> Which OS, Office ?
> Which D sp ?

> What is happening with the 97 ( please be more specific ). Did u update
> your OS and your Office with all microsoft updates ?

> Daniel

> Ron Phillips wrote:
> > I have an NT operating system and have installed Delphi 6 "typical"
> > twice. Both times my Word 97 program gets fouled up. I uninstall delphi
> > and everything is cool. I'm just getting around to installing 6 so this
> > is my first encounter with the problem. Anybody have a similar problem
> > and is there a fix?

> > Ron P.

Re:delphi 6 and word 97

Ron Phillips wrote:

 > The OS is NT with sp 7 The Office is office 97 I have not downloaded
 >  any delphi service packs for D6 because I just installed the
 > program.
 >
 > MS word 97 cursor goes away and the program hangs. I have to shut it down
 >  with task manager.

Thought NT only had a sp 6a unless they just came out with a new one?

When does the cursor go away and the program hang?  Immediately after
starting Word?  When you are trying to perform a specific operation?

I've found several articles on Microsoft's site regarding Word 97
{*word*154} in different situations.  Try doing a search of their Knowledge
Base with the Product being 'Word 97 for Windows' and the search
parameters being 'program hangs'.

Regards,
Steve
--
Please visit our online support pages at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

  Stephen Blas (Borland Software Corporation)

  http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html