I have a big problem in PASCAL

Sirs,
I have a big probelm in PASCAL.
I was wondering if some one can help me out with this prbelm , nad tell
me how to solve this problem (Send by email, please)

You are hired to design and develop a program using PASCAL Language to
manage the flow of patients into and out of a XYZ Dental Clinic. At
present the XYZ Dental clinic uses an application software to capture
the patient's information as follows.

Patient's Name
NRIC
Date Of Birth
Consultation
Age
Payment

The information is stores in patient.dat

The XYZ Clinic wants to keep the patient's information as what the
format is. Therefore the porogram must be able to interface wit hth
existing information (Patientr database) to create a queue data
structure as well it caters for the friest time patient to XYZ Clinic.

The patient is allowed to use their NRIC to request for an appointment
at the system without disturbing the nurse. The prgoram iisues a queue
number to the patient when the system matches the NRIC agaisnt the
patient database into the queue. Otherwise the proigram will ask the
patient for their details required. The details of the patient will be
updated into the patiebnt database and then at the same time the patient
will be added to the queue. The program displays the queue number of the
next patient for the treatment at the waiting room. HOwever if the
patients are not at the waiting room when their queue numbers are
screeened. The dentist will remove the patient from the queue. The
patient will have to register at the system again but the queue number
is 3 queues away from the next patient for treatment.

The dentist on duty should be able input the dental treatment into the
program and the nit updates (appends) into the patient's database befroe
removing from the queue. The patient who is treated by the dentist will
be removed from the queue automatically. THE XYZ Clinic wants a first-in
first-out progrma for treating the patient. The means that the patient
who register last will be treated last . This method of controlling the
flow of patinet can represented using a dynamic data queue structure.
The program is amenu drieven that will allow at least the following
options to be selected by authorised user of the program.

GET AQUEUE NUMBER : issue a queue number to the patient once the NRIC is
read by the system.

INS : Insert a new patient into the existing database.

UPDATE : Dentist input the treatment.

DEL : Delelte a patient from the queueu who requests for cancelling the
appointment.

LIST : List the patient in the queue.

The Progrma must also be able to perform error handling and validation.

Re:I have a big problem in PASCAL

Waqas Pai wrote:
> Sirs,
> I have a big probelm in PASCAL.
> I was wondering if some one can help me out with this prbelm , nad
> tell
> me how to solve this problem (Send by email, please)

Simple.  Go to all the classes, do all the homework, ask your teacher
for help, and if you
still don't "get it", drop the class.  If this is something you
absolutely HAVE to learn, talk to your teacher about obtaining extra
tutoring.

Bob Schor
Pascal Enthusiast

Other Threads