Good NotePad replacement for Delphi developer?

Hi!

Does anyone know of a good NotePad replacement for a Delphi programmer? It
must be freeware, be fast, manage code color formatting and support the
Delphi keymapping (like Ctrl + Y for instance).

The ideal would be to use Delphis editor as notepad without loading entire
Delphi (just the editor). Can something like this be done?

Looking forward to an answer.

Niklas andersson
adb96...@student.hk-r.se

Re:Good NotePad replacement for Delphi developer?

You could make your own using the Orpheus component (I think).  I believe
this component does the type of things the Delphi text editors do, but I
think you have to pay for the component.

Cameron
_______________________
cameronm...@hotmail.com

Im Artikel <RZHo2.2$%4....@tfl450.tfl.hk-r.se>, "Niklas Andersson"
<adb96...@student.hk-r.se> schreibt:

>The ideal would be to use Delphis editor as notepad without loading entire
>Delphi (just the editor).

I'm new to Delphi, so I'd like to know, why you won't simply start Delphi to
edit the source code? Perhaps D1?

Notepad is a 16 bit application, that therefore starts much faster than any 32
bit application. But you'll have problems to find any 16 bit editor, that will
support syntax highlighting etc., and will perform better than Delphi itself.

DoDi

Re:Good NotePad replacement for Delphi developer?

In article <RZHo2.2$%4....@tfl450.tfl.hk-r.se>, "Niklas Andersson" <adb96...@student.hk-r.se> wrote:

]-
]-Does anyone know of a good NotePad replacement for a Delphi programmer? It
]-must be freeware, be fast, manage code color formatting and support the
]-Delphi keymapping (like Ctrl + Y for instance).
]-

try mwEdit...

    http://www.eccentrica.org/gabr/mw/mwedit.htm
    http://members.xoom.com/primozg/mw/mwedit.htm