How to paint on a MDIForm?

Hi,

Is there someony that knows how to paint in the clientarea of a MDIform. I
've tried to paint on on the device context of this canvas, but not show up.

TIA
-- Daniel --

Re:How to paint on a MDIForm?

Daniel,

The reason your painting in the client area doesn't show up is that
the MDI frame window is covered with a MDI client window; that covers
the normal canvas area.

Painting on this client window is not easy, and IMO isn't worth the
considerable amount of effort it involves.

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Dani?l Dijkhuizen wrote:

> Hi,

> Is there someony that knows how to paint in the clientarea of a MDIform. I
> 've tried to paint on on the device context of this canvas, but not show up.

> TIA
> -- Daniel --

Re:How to paint on a MDIForm?

While I'm sure it is considerable effort I have found it very useful to be
able to emboss a company logo or name on the MDI parent as part of my
anti-swapware scheme.

To accomplish this I use a component included in the LMD Tools component
suite.  Basically, drop the component on the main form and set it up with a
bitmap or whatever you want on the backdrop.

Because the component allows for the use of bitmaps I've even gone so far as
to create the bitmap at runtime so that the backdrop is dynamic.  Works
great.

You can find out more about LMD Tools at www.lmd.de .  They have quite a
wide collection of components in their suite.

Regards,
Kevin

Ken White wrote in message <35BE5F8B.BA037...@westelcom.com>...
>Daniel,

>The reason your painting in the client area doesn't show up is that
>the MDI frame window is covered with a MDI client window; that covers
>the normal canvas area.

>Painting on this client window is not easy, and IMO isn't worth the
>considerable amount of effort it involves.

Other Threads