Calculating Tile Index in a Isometric map

Hi,

I am writing a game, with a isometric map.
Therefore I need to get the Tile index of the Tile under the Cursor.
Does somebody know how to calculate the index ?

Christian
    PS Thanks for any requests

Re:Calculating Tile Index in a Isometric map

"Christian Schneider" <cw...@pgcenter.de> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I am writing a game, with a isometric map.
> Therefore I need to get the Tile index of the Tile under the Cursor.
> Does somebody know how to calculate the index ?

A while back I wrote some code to do this, and posted it.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3af1c5c5_1%40dnews&rnum=2

and

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm%3D3af1c5c5_1%2540dnews%26rnum%3D2

I no longer have the demo executable on the Web, however.

-Gary

Re:Calculating Tile Index in a Isometric map

Does anybody have a sample app out there for this?
My kid would like for me to try this out with her.
Thanks

"Gary Williams" <gwtemp2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Christian Schneider" <cw...@pgcenter.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > I am writing a game, with a isometric map.
> > Therefore I need to get the Tile index of the Tile under the Cursor.
> > Does somebody know how to calculate the index ?

> A while back I wrote some code to do this, and posted it.

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3af1c5c5_1%40dnews&rnum=2

> and

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm%3D3af1c5c5_1%2540dnews%26rnum%3D2

> I no longer have the demo executable on the Web, however.

> -Gary

Re:Calculating Tile Index in a Isometric map

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:45:39 +0100, "Christian Schneider"

<cw...@pgcenter.de> wrote:
>I am writing a game, with a isometric map.
>Therefore I need to get the Tile index of the Tile under the Cursor.
>Does somebody know how to calculate the index ?

You might find this resource page usefull

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=44

- Asbj?rn

Other Threads