How to Track Open Datasets?

I am just learning to use the cached updates features of D3 C/S and am
wondering if anybody has any brilliant suggestions on how to keep track of
the currently open datasets that require updating.  In particular, I have a
number of datamodules that open and close for modular purposes and I don't
really know of a good way to maintain a centralized list of open datasets so
that I can keep them in an array and pass them to TDatabase.ApplyUpdates.

Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated!

Mark A. Deal
Document & Data Solutions, LLC

Re:How to Track Open Datasets?

Hmm, I don't have a good soultion to that problem.  However you may
want to consider calling TQuery.ApplyUpdates when and where it makes
sense within your user interface.  If there is nothing to update
it should not error out.

Robert Love

Mark A. Deal wrote:

> I am just learning to use the cached updates features of D3 C/S and am
> wondering if anybody has any brilliant suggestions on how to keep track of
> the currently open datasets that require updating.  In particular, I have a
> number of datamodules that open and close for modular purposes and I don't
> really know of a good way to maintain a centralized list of open datasets so
> that I can keep them in an array and pass them to TDatabase.ApplyUpdates.

> Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated!

> Mark A. Deal
> Document & Data Solutions, LLC

Re:How to Track Open Datasets?

Hi,

To save  my work in with cached updates, i use:

TTable.Post;
TTable.ApplyUpdates;
TDatabase.Commit;
TTable.CommitUpdates;

In order to keep track, try implementing something on the AfterChange
enevt for the table on your DataModule.

Txr

Mark A. Deal wrote:
> I am just learning to use the cached updates features of D3 C/S and am

> wondering if anybody has any brilliant suggestions on how to keep
> track of
> the currently open datasets that require updating.  In particular, I
> have a
> number of datamodules that open and close for modular purposes and I
> don't
> really know of a good way to maintain a centralized list of open
> datasets so
> that I can keep them in an array and pass them to
> TDatabase.ApplyUpdates.

> Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated!

> Mark A. Deal
> Document & Data Solutions, LLC

Other Threads