Using a Paradox DB with Delphi on a comp where these 2 programs aren t installed

My problem is:
I got a program i developped in Delphi 5.0. I use in it a data base in Paradox 7. I would like to be able to execute this program on a computer where Delphi and paradox are NOT installed. I can do it by installing BDE from Delphi's Disk. But it s 7 mg big... isn't there a way to avoid the installation of BDE ? (like only copy some DLLs ?) And by the way, what s the use of the file idapi32.cfg ?

I'm study programmation in Belgium, so if ya can help me, it would be so great cause i just ask to learn more :-)

Please reply on my e-mail:  valdeg...@yahoo.fr

Thx,
Seb.

Re:Using a Paradox DB with Delphi on a comp where these 2 programs aren t installed

To use Paradox tables you need the BDE installed on any computer that is
going to run the program. If you want a smaller database take a look at
Advantage (www.advantage.com).

--
Bill

Other Threads