table.refresh doesn't refresh?

Hi,
  I am using table.refresh method to refresh data on a paradox table that
is connected to a PC on the net that stores data.
If I run 2 or more images of the same application on the server PC I have
the correct refresh, but if I run my app on a remote client there's no
way to have my data updated when another user post/edit/delete a record.

I know there's a TNetDataLink component on the web, but how comes that the
refresh method doesn't do the job? Are there particular parameters to set?
Doesn't work on peer-to-peer connection?

Thanks,
ba...@poboxes.com

Re:table.refresh doesn't refresh?

Federico Balbi wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am using table.refresh method to refresh data on a paradox table that
> is connected to a PC on the net that stores data.
> If I run 2 or more images of the same application on the server PC I have
> the correct refresh, but if I run my app on a remote client there's no
> way to have my data updated when another user post/edit/delete a record.

If the other network users don't see each others updates to shared
BDE/Paradox database, it almost always means that the NetFiledir
settings are not right.
Everyone should have the Netfiledir setting for example X:\MYDIR\DATA,
pointing to the same shared directory, and only the letter 'X' may vary
between different users. Otherwise lockings won't work, but sooner or later
corrupts your database.

Markku Nevalainen

Re:table.refresh doesn't refresh?

Thats because on the client doing the updating the changes are caught in the
disk cache. You have to tell the BDE to write em to the disk. Can't remember
the command but it is in the BDE somewhere.
Federico Balbi wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am using table.refresh method to refresh data on a paradox table that
> is connected to a PC on the net that stores data.
> If I run 2 or more images of the same application on the server PC I have
> the correct refresh, but if I run my app on a remote client there's no
> way to have my data updated when another user post/edit/delete a record.

> I know there's a TNetDataLink component on the web, but how comes that the
> refresh method doesn't do the job? Are there particular parameters to set?
> Doesn't work on peer-to-peer connection?

> Thanks,
> ba...@poboxes.com

Re:table.refresh doesn't refresh?

If you set LocalShare to true, the BDE won't cache the updates. It
will write them to the database right away so the refresh should then
work.

Woody

Federico Balbi wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>  I am using table.refresh method to refresh data on a paradox table
that
>is connected to a PC on the net that stores data.
>If I run 2 or more images of the same application on the server PC I
have
>the correct refresh, but if I run my app on a remote client there's
no
>way to have my data updated when another user post/edit/delete a
record.

>I know there's a TNetDataLink component on the web, but how comes
that the
>refresh method doesn't do the job? Are there particular parameters to
set?
>Doesn't work on peer-to-peer connection?

>Thanks,
>ba...@poboxes.com

Re:table.refresh doesn't refresh?

Use the AfterPost event to call DbiSaveChanges(<dataset name>.handle).
You'll need to add BDE to the 'uses' section.

--
Stephen Brown

Shu wrote in message <3640BFCF.651ED...@thegrid.net>...
>Thats because on the client doing the updating the changes are caught
in the
>disk cache. You have to tell the BDE to write em to the disk. Can't
remember
>the command but it is in the BDE somewhere.

Other Threads