Caldera when :(

I went looking for a date when Caldera will be able to support Kylix didn't
find anything is there any info out ??

EDesktop 2.4

Thanks
CheGueVerra

Re:Caldera when :(

I think its funny they are calling there next release EDesktop 3.1
It immediately made me think of windows 3.1
Not a good marketing move me thinks.
Yech!

Re:Caldera when :(

I never thought about it that way, but it could confuse people.  Sincerly
though I don't care if they call theirt next versi0on Fred Flinstone, I just
want them to support Kylix ASAP.  Otherwise I'll just uninstall it, flame it
and install mandrake or Suse.

CheGueVerra

Mike Margerum <mikemblowthisa...@margerum.com> wrote in message

> I think its funny they are calling there next release EDesktop 3.1
> It immediately made me think of windows 3.1
> Not a good marketing move me thinks.
> Yech!

Re:Caldera when :(

> I went looking for a date when Caldera will be able to support Kylix didn't
> find anything is there any info out ??

We are working together with Caledra to get them certified asap. No date for
when we are done is set yet.
---J?rg---

  jweingarten.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Caldera when :(

"Chegueverra" <bdi...@noomnivoxspam.com> wrote in message

> I just want them to support Kylix ASAP.  Otherwise I'll just uninstall it,
flame it
> and install mandrake or Suse.
> > I think its funny they are calling there next release EDesktop 3.1
> > It immediately made me think of windows 3.1
> > Not a good marketing move me thinks.

There is an Open Beta program for Caldera Server and Workstation 3.1 on teir
website.  It's based on Kernel 2.4 and uses glibc 2.2.
http://www.calderasystems.com/products/beta/

No idea when it'll be generally available, though.

Other Threads