Windows 2000 Pro - Which Delphi Versions?

Hi,

I'm about to replace my main working system
with a Windows 2000 box. Does anyone know
which versions of Delphi will run under 2000. I
would like to install 1 through 5 if possible.

--
Charles Appel
Bona Na Croin

Re:Windows 2000 Pro - Which Delphi Versions?

Charles,

D4 and D5 work with Win2000 Professional.  Install is touchy, though.
Have to shut down as many tasks as possible, especially anti-virus
programs.

I have not tried other versions of Delphi.

Regards,
Phil

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:55:44 -0500, "Charles Appel"

<charlesap...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Hi,

>I'm about to replace my main working system
>with a Windows 2000 box. Does anyone know
>which versions of Delphi will run under 2000. I
>would like to install 1 through 5 if possible.

Re:Windows 2000 Pro - Which Delphi Versions?

Charles:

I've been through this several times on several different machines (servers,
desktops, laptops).  The simplest way is to:

Get Win2k installed
 - if you will be using the machine on a network most of the time, install
win2k while you are logged on the network
- Install Win2k set up users, etc. - I think it is a good idea to
immediately set your network logon name/password up as a user ASAP and give
youself admin. rights then either log-in as admin or better yet log-in as
yourself then
- install Win2k service pack 1
- install your apps
- install Delphi
- install Delphi update packs
- reinstall Win2k SP1
- you are set
- if you want to setup other users to use Delphi, you may need to reinstall
Delphi but only do the registry updates.  There is a way to do this by
editing the registry and you can find info on that in this forum.

Best regards, good luck.  I have found that Delphi on Win2k is very stable,
occaisonal glitches with BDE but that's due to BDE.  I tend to use Advantage
Database Server and the Architect utility for most of my work, much easier,
more bulletproof.

kange...@earthlink.net

"Charles Appel" <charlesap...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I'm about to replace my main working system
> with a Windows 2000 box. Does anyone know
> which versions of Delphi will run under 2000. I
> would like to install 1 through 5 if possible.

> --
> Charles Appel
> Bona Na Croin

Other Threads