Using Crystal Reports (VB Edition) to read Paradox 5.0 db

Is it possible to use Crystal Reports, the VB pro edition, to read
Paradox 5.0 databases?  Each time I try to open a database, I get an error
saying that it can't open the network control file.  I have consulted the
MS Knowledge Base, and put the correct entries in the ISAM section
of the vb.ini and msacc20.ini.  Has anyone been able to get this to work?
Or do I need to get a newer version of Crystal Reports?

The main reason I want to try Crystal is that ReportSmith is so sloooow from
Delphi.

Re:Using Crystal Reports (VB Edition) to read Paradox 5.0 db

In <3rmv6e$...@trout.ab.umd.edu> gwhit...@trout.ab.umd.edu (Greg
Whitehead) writes:

>Is it possible to use Crystal Reports, the VB pro edition, to read
>Paradox 5.0 databases?  Each time I try to open a database, I get an
error
>saying that it can't open the network control file.  I have consulted
the
>MS Knowledge Base, and put the correct entries in the ISAM section
>of the vb.ini and msacc20.ini.  Has anyone been able to get this to
work?
>Or do I need to get a newer version of Crystal Reports?

>The main reason I want to try Crystal is that ReportSmith is so
sloooow from
>Delphi.

I beleive Crystal has released new driver for Paradox 5.0.  Call them,
that is how we got Paradox 5.0 support.

--

Dana Scott Kaufman
President