Docking in D4 IDE Very Weird!!

I inadvertently "undocked" the message view window from the
bottom of the code editor. It didn't want to redock at the
bottom. I could dock it to the sides or the top of the code
editor, but not the bottom.

While trying to dock it to the bottom, I don't know what I
did, but the message view window DISAPPEARED ... vanished
without a trace ... clicking on 'message view' from the code
editor popup menu didn't bring it up ... purposely putting
ridiculous errors in the code and running 'syntax check'
also failed to bring up the message view.

Finally, I deleted the DSK file. This returned the message
view window.

Any idea what's going on here?

Sam
--