HELP: Converting Dos Filenames To Long Filename

When I drop a file on an exe, ParamStr contains the short DOS name of
the file:
How do I convert a short DOS filename (EXAMPL~1.TXT) to a long filename
(becomes ExampleLong.txt) ?

Please answer at this address: xav...@squirrel.com.au

Thank you,

               \|/
   -Xave-      o-o
----------ooOO-(_)-OOoo----------
  Email: xav...@squirrel.com.au
Visit http://www.squirrel.com.au!

Re:HELP: Converting Dos Filenames To Long Filename

Xavier Bergade wrote:

> When I drop a file on an exe, ParamStr contains the short DOS name of
> the file:
> How do I convert a short DOS filename (EXAMPL~1.TXT) to a long filename
> (becomes ExampleLong.txt) ?

Check out the GetFullPathName API

--
Mark.

Re:HELP: Converting Dos Filenames To Long Filename

> When I drop a file on an exe, ParamStr contains the short DOS name of
> the file:
> How do I convert a short DOS filename (EXAMPL~1.TXT) to a long filename
> (becomes ExampleLong.txt) ?

I think GetFullPathName will do the job.

Marc.

Other Threads