Input via I/O ports

   As a new Delphi user, could enybody point me in the right direction
   on how to get an input from a serial or paralell port and then assign
   a variable name to this.

                          Thanks,
                                  Head scraching newuser (Les)

Re:Input via I/O ports

L Clayton wrote:

>    As a new Delphi user, could enybody point me in the right direction
>    on how to get an input from a serial or paralell port and then assign
>    a variable name to this.

>                           Thanks,
>                                   Head scraching newuser (Les)

A Pascal instruction not referenced in Delphi Help is :
TheDataIn := Port[ThePortAddress]; <<<< to get the data in
Port[ThePortAddress] := TheDataOut; <<<<<to output a byte on the port

use PortW[xxx] to in/output a Word;

Hope this help,
Seb.

Other Threads