Delphi 4.0 : Problem with mediaplayer

Hi!
I have had Delphi 4.0 for sometime now, and I
never before needed the mediaplayer-component.
Well, today I did, and an attempt to play a CD
with it caused an error:
Test Test1.exe raised exception class EMCIDeviceError
with message "MMSYSTEM296 The file cannot be
played with this MCI-device. File can be corrupted..etc.
(Error message comes in Finnish, but is something like this
in English)
What makes this VERY strange, is that if I compile
the exactly same program with older Delphi (3.0),
the program works just fine, so I doubt there is
nothing wrong with the cd-player itself.
Is there anybody who has experienced the same
problem? What can be done about this?
Thanks in advance,
J.Pajula

Re:Delphi 4.0 : Problem with mediaplayer

> Test Test1.exe raised exception class EMCIDeviceError
> with message "MMSYSTEM296 The file cannot be
> played with this MCI-device. File can be corrupted..etc.
> (Error message comes in Finnish, but is something like this
> in English)

I almost forgot, the error-handler returns Error Code = 0

Other Threads