icons in res-file replace app icon

Hi there !
Hope to use the right group here ;-)
I have the following problem: I want to include some icons in my app, so
I built a resource file with borland image editor and added icons there.
after that I linked the res-file into my app through {$R}. Problem is
that with that resfile linked into my app, the apps main icon is not
anymore the main icon,  windows explorer show me another icon. When
checking the exe with ExtractIcon I see that the app main icon is no
more available at position 0 from the icon list.
My question is how can I link more icons into my exe file without
loosing my mainicon ??
Thanks in advance !
Regards,
Claude.

Re:icons in res-file replace app icon

"Claude" <c-...@t-online.de> skrev i en meddelelse

> My question is how can I link more icons into my exe file without
> loosing my mainicon ??

Make sure you name your own icons alphabetically after 'MAINICON'.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:icons in res-file replace app icon

Seems like a very simple solution ;-)
Thanks !

-Claude

Finn Tolderlund schrieb:

> "Claude" <c-...@t-online.de> skrev i en meddelelse
> > My question is how can I link more icons into my exe file without
> > loosing my mainicon ??

> Make sure you name your own icons alphabetically after 'MAINICON'.

> Finn Tolderlund

Other Threads