missing crt and dos unit files (tp7)

I am missing my crt and dos unit files and I must compile
by 9am Wed. Jan 8th.

Can someone please e-mail me these unit files? I would
be extremely grateful.

Thank you,
Kevin Beason

bea...@cs.fsu.edu

Re:missing crt and dos unit files (tp7)

> I am missing my crt and dos unit files and I must compile
> by 9am Wed. Jan 8th.

> Can someone please e-mail me these unit files? I would
> be extremely grateful.

   1. The CRT and DOS Units are included/embedded in the TURBO.TPL file
which came with your (purchased) package - there's no need to have them
as separate .TPU files.
   2. This message reached me late in the evening on January 10, so it's
too late, according to your schedule.  You seem to have a problem with
your ISP.
   3. Posting of commercial software (such as "missing" parts of a
Borland compiler) is illegal, dishonorable, against the rules of this
newsgroup, and, well, simply not done.
   In summary, your request is wholly unreasonable.

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997 20:52:22 -0500, Kevin Beason <bea...@cs.fsu.edu> wrote:

>I am missing my crt and dos unit files and I must compile
>by 9am Wed. Jan 8th.

>Can someone please e-mail me these unit files? I would
>be extremely grateful.

>Thank you,
>Kevin Beason

>bea...@cs.fsu.edu

Dear Kev, they are right on the installation disks of whatever version of pascal
you have purchased. Just reinstall and the units are back.

Peter
wpdej...@worldonline.nl

Peter de Jong wrote:
> >Can someone please e-mail me these unit files?
> Dear Kev, they are right on the installation disks of whatever version of pascal
> you have purchased. Just reinstall and the units are back.

You sure about that? I though you had to extract them from TURBO.TPL.

AME

Kevin Beason wrote:
> I am missing my crt and dos unit files and I must compile
> by 9am Wed. Jan 8th.

Have you actually tried to COMPILE a program using these units?  If
you're looking for files called DOS.TPU and CRT.TPU, you won't find
them; they're rolled into the runtime library file called TURBO.TPL.

> Can someone please e-mail me these unit files? I would
> be extremely grateful.

NO.  Not even if you *are* extremely grateful.  By the letter of the
Borland license agreement, that would be piracy.  If you have install
disks, use them.  If you obtained TP inappropriately, then I suppose
you're SOL.  Tua culpa.

--
Scott Earnest                      | _,-""-_,-""-_,-""-_,-""-_,-""-_,-"

set...@ix.netcom.com (primary)     | We now return you to our regularly

siny...@{*word*104}space.org (alternate) | scheduled chaos and mayhem. . . .

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997 00:44:17 -0800, Scott Earnest <set...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Have you actually tried to COMPILE a program using these units?  If
>you're looking for files called DOS.TPU and CRT.TPU, you won't find
>them; they're rolled into the runtime library file called TURBO.TPL.

Yes, that is true, of course... :0
Well, let's see things a bit more positive, and suppose you have a legitimate
copy of BP7.0. In that case it is possible that you switched the loading of the
TURBO.TPL file off. See->MENU->Options->Environment->Startup. Make sure that the
Load .TPL file option is selected!

Peter de Jong
wpdej...@worldonline.nl

Other Threads