Changing BDE settings

I tried changing some of the BDE settings with VB by changing values in the
registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine\System\INIT).
When I check the registry, the values I put are there, but when I load BDE,
they are not.  I also know that BDE uses a CFG file also and that's where
it's probably picking up the settings.  Anybody know of a way for changing
the settings?  I kind of hoped that the CFG file was in a INI structure, but
it is not.

Thanks

--
Andreas Kyriacou
Senior Applications Engineer / GMT, GST

Phone: (519) 746-3717
Fax: (519) 746-6385
Free: (888) 527-3203
http://www.BestFitSolutions.com

Confidentiality Note:  The information contained in this email and
document(s)
attached are for the exclusive use of the addressee and may contain
confidential,
privileged and non-disclosable information.

If the recipient of this email is not the addressee, such recipient is
strictly
prohibited from reading, photocopying, distribution or otherwise using this
email
or its contents in any way.

Re:Changing BDE settings

In BDE Administrator choose Object | Options from the menu and select
Win95/NT compatibility only. That should cause the BDE to use the registry
settings instead of the config file settings.

--
Bill

Re:Changing BDE settings

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted.  Is the Win95/NT compatibility option
stored in the registry, so I can change that also through my program?

--

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> wrote in message

> In BDE Administrator choose Object | Options from the menu and select
> Win95/NT compatibility only. That should cause the BDE to use the registry
> settings instead of the config file settings.

> --
> Bill

Re:Changing BDE settings

It is the SaveConfig value under the Database Engine key.

--
Bill

Other Threads