How to read MS Access 2000 through BDE?

Hi,

Every time we try to connect to an MS ACCESS file in the BDE administrator
we get an SQL exception, with the number -2147221164. We are using D 5 Pro.
We installed the latest jet engine, Jet40Sp3_Comp.exe. We installed MDAC 2.6
service pack 1. We need to be able to run Access databases using the BDE
components without Access being installed on the machine.

Any help, please?

TIA,

Mark

Re:How to read MS Access 2000 through BDE?

BDE connectivity doesn't work with access 2000 or above.

You'll need to use ADO.

Andrew

Re:How to read MS Access 2000 through BDE?

You can't. You need to use the ADO data access components.

--
Bill

Re:How to read MS Access 2000 through BDE?

I'm using an ODBC connection to get to my ACCESS 2000 database.  I
needed to get BDE 5.11 but it works via the ODBC.  I'm currently trying
to get InstallShield express to create a releasable version.
Mark Patterson wrote:
>Hi,

>Every time we try to connect to an MS ACCESS file in the BDE administrator
>we get an SQL exception, with the number -2147221164. We are using D 5 Pro.
>We installed the latest jet engine, Jet40Sp3_Comp.exe. We installed MDAC 2.6
>service pack 1. We need to be able to run Access databases using the BDE
>components without Access being installed on the machine.

>Any help, please?

>TIA,

>Mark

Other Threads