BIG BIG PROBLEM!!

How do I import data from a MS Excel file into Interbase 5 throutgh
Delphi 3? Please help

Re:BIG BIG PROBLEM!!

In Excel choose 'Save as' and save as TXT file (komma delimited). Now write
a small delphi program to read that and put it in the database.

Y2K <dear...@hk.super.net> schreef in berichtnieuws
37A954A0.F1D17...@hk.super.net...

> How do I import data from a MS Excel file into Interbase 5 throutgh
> Delphi 3? Please help

Re:BIG BIG PROBLEM!!

One way is to use the Excel ODBC driver as follows.

Create an ODBC DSN that points to the worksheet.

Excel files will not appear in the TTable.TableName property drop-down.
Enter the worksheet file name with no extension followed by a $ in the
TableName property.  You can optionally append a cell range.  For exmaple:
projects$A2:J1000

To read all of the rows in the worksheet when specifying a cell range make
the ending row number larger than the last possible row.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:BIG BIG PROBLEM!!

Though if you really want to work with a table name then you can define a
named region in Excel, then that region will appear in the list of tables

John Small