How to insert records into indexed MS-SQL-Tables with Delphi C/S

Hello !

I try to do the following with Delphi C/S 2.0:
I WANT TO INSERT A RECORD INTO AN INDEXED MS-SQL-TABLE
 ...REALLY!!!

I tried to use the 'normal' way Delphi offers : Clicking the
'+'-sign on the DBNavigator button-bar, entering data and then
clicking the OK-Button...
At this point the message: DBEngineError -  Missing Data in Field
'Adr_Index' appears.
This field is auto-indexed by MS-SQL-Server and works fine when I
use Borlands Database-Desktop to insert records (the index is
entered when I leave=post the new record).

Please mail!

Thank you,
Marc

Re:How to insert records into indexed MS-SQL-Tables with Delphi C/S

First off...if I were you I'd abandon the Navigator tool bar and setup your own
custome buttons...you have greater control over what goes on.  You could do an
Insert statemen or append statement to open a spot for the new record and then
do a post to the TTable or TQuery in question.  I abandoned the Navigator a
long time ago..I could never find where to trap exceptions for it or how to
access and customize its functions...IMHO, HTH...etc!!

Kelly
kgr...@acxiom.com

--
If You've had half as much fun as I have....
...Then I've had twice as much fun as you....

Other Threads