Getting a volume number of the hard drive

Hi
Does anybody know how to get the volume serial number of the hard drive?

I know how to do it in Win32 , but I am try to do it in a 16 bit system that
runs on Win 3.x and WindowsNT.

I am currently using Borland C++ 4.5.

Thanks
Steve

Re:Getting a volume number of the hard drive

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:02:59 +0800, "Steven Hodgson"

<stev...@advancedengine.com> wrote:
>Does anybody know how to get the volume serial number of the hard drive?
>I am try to do it in a 16 bit system

Which serial number? The one that shows when you do a DOS
vol command, or the one stored in the firmware at the factory?

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne.k...@ablelink.org,

Other Threads