ReportBuilder Pro 4.0 and ODBCExpress 5.0/SQL server (master/detail) problem

I am using the above tools but SQL server is complaining about a
non-existent or invalid bookmark value:

[Microsoft][SQL server driver]invalid bookmark value

The problem lies in OE's TOEDataset (I use the SQL property to query)
where it does not trigger an empty detail result set to ReportBuilder
and therefore creates an error when ReportBuilder tries to iterate
through the records using bookmarks.

I would appreciate it if anyone found a solution to this problem, to
let me know if there is a workaround on this.

Thanks
Andrew