exporting from paradox to dbase....

Hi,

I want to export a table that i use to a dbase file....
Does anyone know how i can convert it... I don't use Delphi2 but instead
the 16 bit version supplied with Delphi2..

Thanks in advance....

Re:exporting from paradox to dbase....

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:32:14 +0200, Ronald van Aken

<rva...@indy.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>Hi,

>I want to export a table that i use to a dbase file....
>Does anyone know how i can convert it... I don't use Delphi2 but instead
>the 16 bit version supplied with Delphi2..

If this is a one off then use database desktop. If it is part of a
program then you will need a form with two Ttables on it and a
TBatchMove. Table1 should be the paradox table and the second table
the dbase table. Set the appropriate properties in TBatchMove and
execute. It's pretty well documented in the Help file - you've just
got to know where to look.

Russell Weetch
and UK Index is at http://www.ukindex.co.uk

In article <31BD836E.4...@indy.xs4all.nl> Ronald van Aken <rva...@indy.xs4all.nl> writes:

>From: Ronald van Aken <rva...@indy.xs4all.nl>
>Subject: exporting from paradox to dbase....
>Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:32:14 +0200
>Hi,
>I want to export a table that i use to a dbase file....
>Does anyone know how i can convert it... I don't use Delphi2 but instead
>the 16 bit version supplied with Delphi2..
>Thanks in advance....

I would sugest having a form with 2 ttable objects - one with tabletpye of
default, one ttdbase, and then use the ttdefault table's batcmeove method to
move the data.

HTH

boris

Re:exporting from paradox to dbase....

In <31BD836E.4...@indy.xs4all.nl> Ronald van Aken

<rva...@indy.xs4all.nl> writes:

>Hi,

>I want to export a table that i use to a dbase file....
>Does anyone know how i can convert it... I don't use Delphi2 but
instead
>the 16 bit version supplied with Delphi2..

>Thanks in advance....

My understanding is if you simply copy the file in DBD from a .db
extension to a.dbf extension or vica versa this automatically converts
the file to and from Pdox/DBase.

Ben
Arrow

Other Threads