How to reduce .EXE size (D3)

Hi,

In D1 there there was a compiler option to reduce the size of the .exe
file. Is there anyway to do this in D3. My .exe is now 1.2Mb and
growwiiinnnnggg...!

Regards, Ian
From The Royal Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, UK hence
    'FOREST 4 x 4 CENTRE' for LANDROVERS (www.fourx4.demon.co.uk)
    'FOREST WEB' for WEB DESIGN (www.demon.co.uk/fweb)
    'FOREST SOFTWARE' for BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
Phone +44(0)1594 822606, Mobile(0)402 000132, Fax +44(0)1594 822634

Re:How to reduce .EXE size (D3)

Ian Robinson <I...@fourx4.demon.co.uk> wrote

> In D1 there there was a compiler option to reduce the size of the .exe
> file. Is there anyway to do this in D3. My .exe is now 1.2Mb and
> growwiiinnnnggg...!

You can use the packets option when compiling. It does mean you will have
to distribute the packets too (I forget the extension, check the help
files), but at least upgrades or revisions can be distributed in a tiny
exe

Re:How to reduce .EXE size (D3)

Read up on 'thin' exe's in Borland on-line help, their printed docs or
their CD-ROM. Failing to find it there check out Borland's web site
newsgroups.  D3 comes with this new feature.

Regards, -= Lou Rizzuto =-
RINI

Richard <Richard @ tcssa.co.za> wrote in article
<01bc9cf2$070c5a40$85921fc4@Richard>...

> Ian Robinson <I...@fourx4.demon.co.uk> wrote
> > In D1 there there was a compiler option to reduce the size of the .exe
> > file. Is there anyway to do this in D3. My .exe is now 1.2Mb and
> > growwiiinnnnggg...!

> You can use the packets option when compiling. It does mean you will have
> to distribute the packets too (I forget the extension, check the help
> files), but at least upgrades or revisions can be distributed in a tiny
> exe

Other Threads