Using another DPMI-host than RTM.EXE from a Borland Pascal 7.01 program

Hi there ...

I have a problem ...

I have a huge application, well 172.000 lines of Borland Pascal code,
running under protected mode, and I'm using Btrieve 5.10 database manager.
Now I want to upgrade Btrieve to 6.15, which is way more stable running up
against a NT server. Problem is: Btrieve 6.15 is a protected mode driver,
and loads a 4GW-host. The Borland Pascal DPMI-host RTM.EXE cannot initialize
when the 4GW-host is loaded. The only solution I can think of, is making
Borland Pascal use the 4GW-host that's allready loaded. Has anyone out-there
tried something similar, and made it work. I you have please let me know how

Thanx ...

Jens Kristensen, Denmark (please excuse my english)

Re:Using another DPMI-host than RTM.EXE from a Borland Pascal 7.01 program

Jens Kristensen <s...@post1.tele.dk> wrote in message

> The Borland Pascal DPMI-host RTM.EXE cannot initialize
> when the 4GW-host is loaded. The only solution I can think of, is making
> Borland Pascal use the 4GW-host that's allready loaded. Has anyone
out-there
> tried something similar, and made it work. I you have please let me know

how

ISTR that the 4GW DPMI server/Dos extender only provides 32-bit protected
mode services. That's why RTM.EXE can't initialize

You need to find a DPMI server that provides both 16-bit and 32-bit
services, such as the ones supplied with OS/2, Win3.x, Win9x etc. I think
the latest version of OpenDos (or whatever the hell it's called now) comes
with one, though their track record on providing stable DPMI servers is not
good.

Please let me know if you find [a free] one!

--
Jay

Jason Burgon - Author of Graphic Vision
New version 2 now available from: