Division by zero problem but I don't want patches

Hi

I know about all of these patches but I don't want to always use the patch,
I want a program which will configure Tp so that when I Run my program still
in Turbo Pascal (CTRL+F9) it doesn't give me that error 200 thing.

Thanks

Re:Division by zero problem but I don't want patches

Ashley Verhulp used chalk and slate for
>Hi

>I know about all of these patches but I don't want to always use the patch,
>I want a program which will configure Tp so that when I Run my program still
>in Turbo Pascal (CTRL+F9) it doesn't give me that error 200 thing.

Osmo Ronkonen's Fdelay or Rdelay supplied by Roger Donais will work. The
alternative, if you have the RTL source, it to patch and compile crt.tpu

As previously suggested, See Timo Salmi's FAQ  Item #124 from
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip

--
Pedt

Never curse the Crocodile's mother before crossing the river

Re:Division by zero problem but I don't want patches

You have four choices:
- You can patch the executables after compilation. The individual way.
- You can use a prepatched CRT unit. The comfortable way.
- You can exclude the CRT unit from your programming projects. The
lack-of-something way.
- You can use a different, but compatible compiler/ide, like FreePascal. The
get-rid-of-it way.

Bye AlexS.

Ashley Verhulp wrote:
> Hi

> I know about all of these patches but I don't want to always use the patch,
> I want a program which will configure Tp so that when I Run my program still
> in Turbo Pascal (CTRL+F9) it doesn't give me that error 200 thing.

> Thanks

Re:Division by zero problem but I don't want patches

> You have four choices:
> - You can patch the executables after compilation. The individual way.
> - You can use a prepatched CRT unit. The comfortable way.
> - You can exclude the CRT unit from your programming projects. The
> lack-of-something way.
> - You can use a different, but compatible compiler/ide, like FreePascal. The
> get-rid-of-it way.

> > I know about all of these patches but I don't want to always use the patch,
> > I want a program which will configure Tp so that when I Run my program still
> > in Turbo Pascal (CTRL+F9) it doesn't give me that error 200 thing.

   There's a 5th choice: modify your source code to use FDelay or RDelay
(the one I use) in your Uses statement, placing it before the CRT:

uses RDelay,CRT,Printer;

   These excellent Units correct the problem "on the fly" during program
initialization, so you're not aware there's a problem with the CRT Unit.
If you have source code for your programs, this is the easiest way to go.
   See the FAQ information about RDelay and FDelay:
ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip

Other Threads